What Do You Like To Eat For Breakfast?
Are you a sweet or savoury breakfast eater?
Me, I’m mainly a coffee drinker, strong and dark to keep me awake during the day and rarely will you see me eat, but when i do, this is my go to breakfast.
Egg muffins are so yummy, my daughter and I normally have a couple each on a saturday morning and they are great while on the keto diet too, which is something I’m doing.
salt and pepper to season
Heat the oven to 180C/gas mark 6
fry the bacon lardens, onions and mushrooms in olive oil
whisk the eggs and add 2-3 tablespoons of parmesan
In a muffin tin, pour the eggs halfway in each muffin crater then add the contents of the frying pan equally between them, add a slice of tomato and some spinach (optional) then fill the muffins craters with the rest of the egg until topped up, sprinkle on top some grated cheddar cheese .
Try different ingredients in each for variety and find your favourite egg muffin.
Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
perfect cheesy egg muffins
Almond flour pancakes
How about lunch? Obviously normal bread is out of the question for Keto, so check out My almond bread recipe below….
Have you ever thought of alternative bread?
Thinking about doing the Keto Diet?
If so, its time to think about making Almond Bread
gluten free, paleo, keto friendly
Here’s how to make it:
Almond flour 200g
baking powder 1.5 tablespoons
salt to taste
Psyllium Husk ( I buy mine from Amazon) 3 tablespoons
its made from the seeds of ‘Plantago ovata’,and is a highly concentrated source of fibre.
3 eggs, 1 egg white
I sometimes put some single cream or milk into mine but thats optional
1 and a half tablespoons of butter or coconut oil
Whisk the eggs until they are full of bubbles, this helps to get some air into the mixture as almond bread is quite dense
mix the dry ingredients first and then gradually introduce the wet ingredients, if the mixture is too dry, add a little warm water
omce mixed, place in a small pre greased loaf tin or use parchment paper to stop it sticking and bake at 180-200C for 40-45 mins, check the bread after 35 mins to make sure its not cooking faster.
there will be a very slight sweet taste to this bread, thats why i add a little more salt to mine and add some grated cheese to the mixture before baking.
Eat like you love yourself.
2 Ingredient Keto pasta
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg yolk
1. Add shredded mozzarella to a bowl and melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Allow to cool down for 30 seconds to avoid “cooking” the egg yolk when mixing.
2. Gently fold the egg yolk into the melted mozzarella, using a spatula or wooden spoon. You should obtain a smooth, slightly elastic texture. Form a ball with the mixture.
3. Arrange the ball onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and press down with your hand until thin. You can also use a rolling pin. Note that the dough is a bit elastic so take your time.
4. Remove the top parchment paper and cut the dough into thin strips with a sharp knife. Let the pasta dry in the refrigerator for four hours or overnight.
5. Place the “pasta” in boiling water for just 30 sec, or even less depending on the consistency.
Drain into a colander and run cold water over the pasta to prevent sticking. Serve with your favorite sauce and toppings.
- Don’t use salted water to cook the pasta as mozzarella is already salty.
- Make sure to use pre-shredded mozzarella instead of shredding it yourself. Storebought shredded mozzarella is less moist that mozzarella bought by the block and it will hold better.
- Make sure to let the pasta completely dry up before cooking. Have the water fully boiling before dipping the cheese pasta very quickly.
Peanut butter Keto bombs
- 200g all natural, no added sugar smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- Half a tub of cream cheese
- 75g coconut flour
- 100g sweetener of your choice, I use stevia and a few drops of stevia vanilla drops.
- 1 bar of 90% dark cocoa chocolate.
Mix all ingredients apart from your chocolate together and form into small balls and place on greaseproof paper and place in the fridge
Melt your chocolate in a bowl over boiling water until runny
Remove your Keto balls from the fridge and with a fork, dip all your Keto balls into the chocolate, covering them completely.
Place them back into the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.